What We Offer
Cognitive life coaching for positive results
About Your Life Coach
Barb has a PsyD in Counseling Psychology, with a concentration in
cognitive/behavioral work and brief therapy technques. She has worked
with individuals, couples, and families and is experienced in group
Barb has worked with clients in person since 2000 and online/over the
phone since 2005. She currently offers life coaching sessions over the
phone with clients across the United States and around the world and
conducts in-person seminars in the Central Florida area.
What Can Barb Help You With?
Typical areas of focus include:
The Life Coaching Process
- Assertiveness: Say "No" with confidence
- Self-Esteem: You can't truly love others until you love yourself
- Anger Management: Don't stuff your anger; embrace it in a healthy way
- Relationships: Are your expectations realistic? How can you get
what you need?
- Conflict Resolution: Neutralizing emotions and finding neutral touchstones
- Infidelity: Removing judgment to get to the root cause
- Communication: Ensuring understanding on both sides
Parenting: Authority, boundaries, consistency, communication
- Grieving Process: Go beyond acceptance to empowerment
- Work: Time management, stress management, conflicts, reassessment
of work goals
- Adult Children from Dysfunctional Homes: Take power over the past
- Gay/Lesbian Issues: Relationships, family, personal issues
Life coaching is a very active process that includes:
The goal is to give the client strategies that can be used immediately
to deal with the situation at hand. Those same strategies are often
useful later to deal with other issues.
- Identifying the issues the client wants to address
Setting a specific goal
- Making an action plan with focused steps to reach the goal
Implementing those steps
- Adjusting the plan as necessary
How to Make an Appointment
Try these quizzes:
Are you an emotional eater?
How much do you know about active listening?